Geosatellite - Images from geostationary satellites
Returns an image captured by a geostationary satellite. Image is returned for a specified area and specified time. If no time is given, the latest available image will be returned.
Only the area global is freely available, and only for specific times (see available list). The others are restricted due to licensing issues. These images can only be accessed from specific websites using authentication tokens. Please refer to our general documentation.
Note: Due to licensing issues and problems with authentication, dellivery of all non-restricted products is temporarily suspended. Please follow our mailing list for further announcements.
This product support the available list. Specify parameter 'area' to get a list limited to the area of interest. If this parameter is omitted, a list of all areas will be returned.
Area covered by the satellite image.
Values: europe, africa, atlantic_ocean, mediterranean, global
Type of light spectrum captured in the image. If omitted, an image in infrared light will be returned. This parameter might not be supported for all areas.
The time the image was captured. If parameter is omitted, the latest available image will be returned.
Values: yyyy-mm-ddThh:mm:00Z (UTC).
Size of image. All images except global and atlantic_ocean have a thumbnail-size image (174x174px) in addition to the full size image. If parameter is omitted, normal is chosen.
Values: small, normal
- Due to licensing issues and problems with authentication, dellivery of all non-restricted products is temporarily suspended.
- Please follow our mailing list for further announcements.
- New version, width and height are removed, replaced with size
- areas america, gulf_of_mexico, spain and east_mediterranean are removed
- Version 1.3 is available until 2016-06-06
- height and width as required parameters.
- parameter size has been removed.
- Version 1.2 will expire 2008-07-10.